Saturday, September 17, 2016

They are back...

I apologize to those who have tried to get on this page the last several days only to see it set to "private".  Unfortunately, the trolls are back in force.  I get a report on where the hits on my blog are coming from and when they jumped by quite a bit, I knew we had probably been listed on one of the troll sites.  Sure enough, when I looked at the report, there they were.

If this blog was about just me, it would be easy to overlook their foolishness.  However, when it is my kids and other kids that are in desperate need of families, it is hard to get past that.  I am always amazed when I read their comments on their page how foolish and arrogant they are.  This is not a group of people that feel strongly about another option to adoption or have a coherent argument about why they think people shouldn't have large families or adopt or ?....it is just a bunch of critical, arrogant people who want to hear themselves talk more than anything else.  It is a site dedicated to their own knowledge-less opinions.

I am sure some are reading this post even now.  As I have said before, you may think you are clever and witty - but there is no wisdom in what you say.  Swapping foolish comments with other foolish people does not make you wise.  You don't like large families - okay, so what?  You don't think kids with special needs should be adopted?  So what is YOUR solution?  Do you have ANY information beyond your own opinion and emotions?  It is very easy to criticize - it is much harder to have an informed perspective - and nothing I read was informed or even worthy of a tag other than "foolish".

Most importantly, I tremble for you.  Someday, it is guaranteed that you will take your last breath.  It is 100% sure.  It may be today....it may be 70 years in the future - but that moment will come.  When it does, you will be face to face with your Creator.  Your Creator who also calls Himself the Father to the fatherless and the defender of His people.  He is also holy, righteous, and perfect - NONE of us are.  None of us come close.  He is not playing a balancing game where as long as you have enough "good things" stacked on the scale, it will cancel out the "bad things".  He tells us very clearly that there are "none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10)  He tells us that we will be held accountable for every sin (anything that falls short of His perfect righteousness) and even that we will be held accountable for every careless word we speak. (Matt 12:36)  God's wrath is sure - it is being stored up against those who have sinned - which is all of us.  God's love is also sure.  Because He loves us, He sent a way to be saved through His Son - there is no other way.  The ONLY hope we have is salvation through Jesus Christ, His Son.  He will not just look past our sins like a doting grandfather and pat our head with a smile on His face.  He will not just say, "Well, you tried your best."  His holiness demands a complete change of our utterly wicked hearts and lives.  This only came through the death and resurrection of His Son.  When we are truly saved, He makes a new heart within us.  It is a radical transformation - it is not just that we pray once "Jesus forgive me" and we can cross that off our list and continue on our merry way- it is a transformation of the very core of who we are.  If you do not understand why my family does what it does, there is a very real chance you are not saved, even if you think you are.  Not all of God's people are called to adopt, but His Word is FULL of His commands to care for the poor, the fatherless, and the defenseless.  You may not be called to adopt, but if you are His you cannot be in doubt that we are doing what He has asked.

I am sure that many will laugh this off as foolishness.  That is your choice, but I am praying you do not.  This is your only hope.  This is the Truth.  Your time now may seem without consequences and you can shrug off the thought of a holy God - but someday every knee will bow before Him and it will be too late to seek His salvation.  When my eyes meet your across eternity, my conscience will be clear that I tried to warn you.  I showed you the truth.  I have deep compassion for you - I pray for you - I do not want you to spend eternity in hell, even with the hurtful words you have thrown our way.

A place to start if you want more information -

http://www.gty.org/blog/B160217/is-calling-on-the-lords-name-all-it-takes-to-be-saved?Term=how%20to%20be%20saved

http://www.gty.org/resources/articles/A242/saved-from-what?Term=how%20to%20be%20saved

3 comments:

  1. This is not on the subject of trolls...We are hosting a seven year old little guy from China this year(our first time). Can you do some blogging on hosting when you get a chance? Most people I talk to didn't even know it was possible to bring a child here, get him medical care and send him back...(I'm not sure it is either, my heart may break...)anyway other than the info Great Wall has given us, I haven't found a lot. Communication is a big one... Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to give a word of encouragement- some of us read the troll sites not because we are trolls, but because we've been trolled ourselves :( I keep track of the crazies through that site.

    And I wanted to say "Hooray" for all you said in this post. You are straight up 100% right. Don't let the trolls get you down- they're not as numerous as they used to be, and the really crazy ones (except for ole Moongirl) seem to have disappeared. You're doing GOOD work, hard work, and I hope you have many blessings for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart - thank you! I needed to hear that!

      Delete