Thursday, September 10, 2015

The night before......

It is the night before Handsome and The Helper head out the door.  I have clashing emotions going on tonight. 

Today, as I should have been carefully packing, I was sitting at Urgent Care with The Boss.  He has an ear infection.  It took us 2 1/2 hours of waiting.  Sigh.  The wait at the hospitals/doctors offices/urgent care are so, so hard.  I tried not to think of how tired I would be when I got home....then needed to get kids out the door for AWANA....then start the bedtime routine.  By the time everyone is in bed, it is too late to accomplish much.....so it will be an early start tomorrow.  I am praying for some sleep.  Serenity's monitors have been going off quite a bit again (due to her tossing and turning in her sleep) - so sleep for me has been even shorter than usual.

I am so happy that the journey to Brooke and Jillian is almost over....that they are almost home.  But part of me wishes that I had the time to cherish today, before the family changes again forever....and then have time to cherish the first day they are home as our family will have been blessed so richly again....but both days end up busy with details and little faces that need love.  I guess that is why Mary, amid visits from shepherds and angels, cherished all "these things" in her heart.....no way to stop and even cherish the moment with hustle and bustle and celebrating.

I don't want my hubby and daughter to leave, especially on September 11th, a day we were sure we would never willingly fly on...but God has arranged it as it is....to stretch our faith even farther.  This has been a really hard adoption journey - so many things that God has chosen to shine His light on to show us areas we need to grow and change. 

We praise Him through it all - but there were many tears and prayers throughout this process.  As of today, with one last promised donation on its way, God has provided all that we have needed for this adoption - through precious gifts from friends and from friends we have never met.....through Handsome's business and the generosity of his customers, and through cutting corners that we thought couldn't be cut any tighter.  We are so very, very thankful.  He is faithful.  Always.

Unlike most of our other adoption journeys, this is not the closing of a chapter, it is merely the end of one part of the story....The Lord is continuing His story as we cling to Him....

Will post pictures as so as I receive them....

Please pray for my amazing husband....for my beautiful daughter....for safety and peace and fun.   Pray for my two newest daughters - that their hearts are ready for us and for a smooth transition.  Pray for God's protection and blessing on each detail and piece of this journey....

Until He comes....

1 comment: