Saturday, June 20, 2015

At it again!

Hope has been back on track eating again.  Lasagna, pancakes, ravioli, eggs, watermelon.  I am so thankful and so relieved.  Thank you to all of you who prayed.  It is all in very tiny bites and still fed by me - but we are moving forward again.

I also had a special treat last week that I am so thankful for - my Savior does know what I need!  Almost 2 weeks ago, I packed up most of my crew to go camping to my favorite place on earth.  Almost my entire family goes together each year.  I knew just like last year that I needed to stay home with the girls and Little Man.  It was a quiet few days, but very busy meeting all their needs without other hands helping.  Handsome had to bring The Warrior home halfway through the trip for an event he was helping with.  Just before he came home, he jokingly said, "Why don't we trade places?  I will stay home with the girls and you can go camping?"  I quickly said that it wouldn't work.  But when I got off the phone, I felt the Lord prompting me to think about it.  Hmmmm....what if I took both Serenity and Little Man with me?  I really wanted them both to experience camping.  It took quite a bit of work to get all of Serenity's machines and equipment in the car, but we did it!  (She has to be on a pulse/ox monitor as well as a humidifier at night for the trach - so 3 machines and an IV pole all had to be carefully transported).  Fortunately, Handsome stays in a cabin for this trip, so I had plenty of outlets to plug things into.

May I just say it was glorious?  Serenity and Little Man just soaked up the outdoors.  I got to surprise all the kids as they didn't know Handsome and I were switching places.  (They stayed with my parents/sisters while Handsome drove home.)  I just enjoyed and treasured each moment.  I am guessing it will be a few more years before we are all camping together again, so it made the gift even more precious.



Serenity loved every part of it.  BUT the funny thing was she still complained about everything.  We had assumed this was a boredom thing and were feeling more than a little badly for her.  Now, we are realizing it is just part of her complex personality.  She can be surrounded with her favorite things - people, outdoors, and food - and still find things to complain about!  There is some freedom in this realization for us.  We will keep working at filling her days - but also give ourselves a break that she may never be completely happy with any of our efforts.  Crazy girl!

I am on Day 5 of camping clean up - one more load of laundry, a sleeping bag to roll up, and the pop up tent trailer to put back down and it will be done......until the next camping trip.  I won't think about that right now...

Please keep praying for LOA to come swiftly for Brooke and Jillian


....can't wait to hold my newest daughters.  I know time will fly by - but tonight it seems to be too long...

Until He comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment