Thursday, April 16, 2015

And a time for tears....

I opened up my mailbox to see the LONG awaited USCIS logo on an envelope - I excitedly rip it open - only to find that one of us has to redo their fingerprints.  This is 3 weeks after our fingerprints were taken.  The retake is not scheduled until 4/27.  I was hoping that we would be DTC by the end of this month.

Sometimes, I just hit the point of overwhelming tears....this was the trigger today.  Everything seems to tidal wave at once.... 

I know God is Sovereign - there is a reason for this.  I will choose to thank Him.  But I may need to cry awhile as I do....

Please pray with me that the next fingerprints will work and that we will be quickly approved after the fingerprint retake....pray for His perfect plan.  Pray that the Lord blesses my girls as they wait.

4 comments:

  1. How disappointing! It's a good thing we know God is sovereign or it would be depressing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for every single person involved in this adoption. I've heard that using lots of hand lotion several times a day for 2-3 days prior to getting the prints done really helps. I don't know if I've commented before, but your entire family has a special place in my heart.
    Love in Jesus ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, my friends - I just needed some sympathy today. I know God has a plan, but the human side of me still struggles with the disappointment after a long wait. Mama V, I am sure you had that point or several in your adoption that it just seemed "too much" even though it is really just another chance to wait on Him. I have it with all our adoptions. Jo, thank you so much! What a gathering it will be when we can all fellowship together in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know about the "too much" overwhelm. Even when I am too shortsighted and self-centered to rest in Jesus, he carries me. Awesome, no?

      Delete