Friday, October 4, 2013

Brief Update

WE GOT OUR SIGNATURE!!!!  PRAISE GOD!!!!

So, now we are waiting to hear when our court date is.  Once we have the court date, we can calculate out 3-4 weeks and start planning our rescue trip!  Many other families are getting court dates the end of this month - so we are waiting to see where we land.

But, flipping over the calendar, that lands us right at.....Thanksgiving!  Yikes.  As much as I would hate to be gone for one of my very favorite days, there are other issues.  Such as the cost of plane tickets during a holiday time and the fact that Handsome owns a retail business, making Black Friday a very important day.  Even though he is not going on the trip, he still needs me here to help keep things running smoothly.  Oh, and that's right, Grace's surgery...

We went in for an appointment with the surgeon who will do the new g-tube surgery using a laprascope.  He has some concerns from looking at the pictures from Grace's upper GI study.  He is concerned that her intestines may be in the wrong places - which could lead to a "pinching" of the blood supply to the intestines lower in her stomach.  Sooooooo, he is going to do some exploratory  surgery with the g-tube placement and repair the problem if there is one.  The repair would involve moving all the small intestines to the right and large to the left and removing her appendix.  Sigh.  The kicker is that he wants to wait 6-8 weeks for her to be fully recovered from her nasty cough.  Which would put us at?????  Yep.  Thanksgiving!

So, she is scheduled for surgery the Friday before Thanksgiving.  Not the best time, but in my human mind, I am thinking to get her done and travel to Bulgaria the first week of December.  But, I have seen so often that I think I have the perfect plan - but God knows better.  

At this point, I am trying to just be still and wait on Him.  Not easy for me.

Please keep praying for my girls overseas.  Keep praying for Grace & Mimi to stay healthy and strong.  Pray for me as I try to figure out a gluten/dairy/soy free diet for me that will work.  I keep fudging, but I need to get this taken care of.  

To Him be all glory, honor, and praise.

2 comments:

  1. I have 11+ year experience with gluten/dairy free diet. I would love to help you figure some things out that may help you feel better. I also have a large (but not quite as large as you :), special needs family,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love some input! :) Would you be willing to send me your email address? If you comment here, I will not publish it. Thank you!!!!

      Delete