Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Redemption

We are preparing our first post-placement report to send back to Grace's country.  As I am going through all the photos, I am in awe of the changes that are taking place in her.  The photos from her orphanage (before we went to get her) and from our pick up trip are so different from the ones even a few weeks later.  The first set of photos,  she is very curled up and "tight".  Even her face appears pale and tight.

 But, by God's amazing grace, the longer she is home, the more she has changed.  It used to be hard to even sit with her because her legs and arms were so stiff.  We would try to prop pillows in all the right places to keep her from hurting.  We didn't even dare to "rock" in the chair because it scared her and hurt her.  Can you imagine?  But as I was holding her, rocking  her, last night I realized how long she was as she stretched out on my lap.  She does this on her own, with a big smile on her face.  She almost never has the pinched, painful look on her face.  She snuggles in with a happy sigh.  Ahh, redemption is sweet.  Even more so is the sweet peace of heart in knowing we are redeemed by the blood of our perfect Savior - ever more at peace with the God of the universe!

But I can never rejoice long in the precious, amazing changes in Grace without thinking of all the precious ones who wait for families.  Some are in very good orphanages, some are in their own personal hell.  But all need the redemption of families.  Please pray with me for these little ones.  Many I have posted before, some are new ones God has brought to my heart.  If you would like to know how to find out more about each of them, please leave me a comment.  The comment will not be posted - but it will get to me....

 
Sweet Amelia.  She is turning 12 this summer.  She has Down Syndrome.  Jesus loves this beautiful girl and has called us to care for her.  What will you do?

 
Ah, little Darlene.  How I love this little girl.  She has the same diagnosis as our new Firecracker that we are racing to save.  She is so beautiful.  How see needs a family!

Beautiful Isabelle.  She needs to be able to run and play.  She needs to grow and blossom under the love of a family.  She and Amelia have waited for so long.  They are most likely in the same orphanage.  She has Down Syndrome as well.

 
Little Jacob.  This little guy has caught my eye.  Can you not see the sparkle?  He has spina bifida that has paralyzed him from the waist down.  He is also missing a kidney.  He needs the love of a family and the care of medical doctors.

 
Little Joshua.  Oh, my heart!  He is very much like our own precious Grace.  He would be such an amazing blessing for a family!

 
My beautiful Kristina.  Still you wait.  I thought you would be immediately scooped up.  But the environment you live in is causing amazing damage.  I pray someone has the courage to save you.

Little Marnie.  You wait and wait.  How you would blossom with love.  Someone to make you smile.  Do they not see your worth?


Sweetest little Millie.  My mama's heart cries for you.  You need someone to break through the scars and damage of years of neglect.  So many love you, yet none so far can rescue you.  Where is your family, little one?  How I pray for you.
 
Little Kaylee, you have stolen my son, Smiley's heart.  How hard it is to see his tears for you and to hear him whisper, "Can't we just adopt her, too?"  Oh, if only it was that easy, my tender son.  Kaylee is said to be in good physical health, but is cognitively delayed.  Please see this beautiful little one.
 
 
Please join me in praying for these little ones - BIG PRAYERS - for God is able to do exceedingly more than we can ever ask or imagine.  Eph 3:20
 
In addition, my sweet daugher, The Helper, has hand made some dolls that she would like to see to help with The Firecracker and Sweet Pea's adoption costs (the kids insisted that they needed nicknames, too!).  She is asking $10 each.  Here are the two she has done...
 
Wow!  Her dollies sold within minutes....but she will be taking orders. :)  What a blessing for her!
 
 
This is Isabelle.

 
This is Lilly.
 
If you are interested in either dolly, please leave me a comment.  I love my sweet young lady!  We all can  take the "mites" that God has given us and bless others with them! 
 
 
May You be glorified in all things!

1 comment:

  1. I see these pictures and so many more and all I want to do is bring them home. But I cannot do that yet, and so I pray that other families will find them, pray that my future may provide me with the opportunity to rescue some of these wonderful, beautiful children, and pray for the strength to do the hard work I know will be required to do so.

    Bless you for what you are doing, and for opening the eyes of others to inspire them to ransom these lives.


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete