Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Your Will, not my own.

How many times I have prayed this ~ Your perfect will be done, not my own ~ these last months!  Almost a year now...I would have to check my old prayer journal to be sure.  So many times I have had to still my frantic heart, quiet my anxious thoughts and just be still...knowing He is God and He is perfect and good.
 
So many times I have begged Him to speed up the process to get my precious girl home!  Yet so many times He tells me to just trust.  In His grace, He has shown me glimpses of a plan that is truly "exceedingly more than I could ever ask or imagine."  (Ephesians 3:20)  I cannot wait to share all that God is doing...yet I must wait awhile longer as His plan unfolds.
 
 
Knowing all that He has done this past year, it would be assumed that I could wait and rejoice in each delay, knowing He will use it fr His purposes...yet, here I am tonight, struggling to be still and quiet once again.
 
 We got word today that Grace's arrival is being delayed by some in the process who are not cooperating.  She is ours, that does not change, but all of the necessary paperwork and appointments are being delayed.  Now I can only hope and pray I will be traveling by the first of March.  If it was just a little more waiting, I could easily still my heart, but her delay also affects other very important things that God has set in motion... 
 
 
 
Such heartache!  Yet I am told to rejoice always and pray without ceasing.  To give thanks in all circumstances, knowing this is Christ's Will for us. (See 1 Thessalonians 5)  These are the Lord's plans - so who am I to say anything?  I pray for His protection over all He has set before us - and pray for the faith to wait quietly for His perfect plan to be revealed....
 
 
 
 
 
To Him be all glory, honor, and praise!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment