Thursday, January 3, 2013

Waiting....and waiting some more....

I keep trying to post something....I am always really disappointed when I check the blogs I like and there is nothing new.....

I have mentally written a post several times about the situation with Russia and all the ignorant comments I have read all over the news sources.  People really don't understand.  But every time I am inspired to write, I have other things I need to be doing.

Now I have another round of some kind of virus causing a headache and I am not sure my words would come out very measured or gracious.  So best skip that for now. ;-)

We are in the middle of another round of "intense waiting".  Just like only those who live in Seattle understand the difference between "rain" and a "rain shower"....only those adopting know the difference between regular "waiting" and "intense waiting"! 

We are always waiting in an adoption...waiting for paperwork, waiting for a phone call, waiting for the notary, waiting for fingerprints, waiting for the next report, etc......more, more, more waiting.  But just like a pregnancy, you do get to a point in which you should be almost done.  Like it could happen any day.  Unfortunately, unlike a pregnancy, no one is going to step in and help things along if it goes on too long!

We are at that point that we should be hearing at the very least that Grace's adoption is finalized...if not actual travel dates.  We heard that a judge reviewed her case on 12/19.  She had a couple of basic questions that we rushed to answer.  I guess I assumed that we would hear back fairly quickly....even with Christmas and the New Year......

Nope....just the crickets chirping.....

I have gotten to the point -as I do at the end of my pregnancies as well - that I can barely think about anything else.  The day seems to focus on that magic window between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. when we would hear from our agency.  Once that time comes and goes with no phone call or email, it is like all the air has been let out of my balloon and I just want to go back to bed until it is time to check again tomorrow....

Don't get me wrong - I have MORE than enough to do to keep busy for the next few daysweeks, months, um, years.  It just gets very hard to get excited about other things. Here are a few of the projects we tackled in 2012...


 
 
 
 
 (Yes, two sets of triple bunkbeds....No, the boys had not cleaned their room before the picture was taken...grrrr!)

 I love my kiddos - normally I would just spend my time focused on them but we were cursed blessed with a Wii for Christmas, so it has turned my kids into brainless robots.  YES, they have a very limited time on it (we have limited time on anything that needs to be turned "on")...but it doesn't stop them from not being able to think of anything else but playtime on the Wii.  Oops!  <Place sheepish grin here>  It sounds a lot like me waiting for THE phone call...... ;-)  I guess I should show a little more grace.

Please pray with me....that I am able to wait on my Savior's perfect timing for THE phone call....for health to be able to serve as I should.....grace to show to others....

Until He comes......To Him be all glory, honor, and power!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter would LOVE these bunk beds! Especially the six-set of bunk beds!

    ReplyDelete