Monday, January 14, 2013

Standing in awe

We finally got THE phone call today!  THE phone call to tell us that Grace is officially ours!  PRAISE GOD!  To Him be all glory, honor, and praise!
 
I am standing kneeling in awe over God's sovereign Hand.  Only He could say to a couple - who need His grace every single moment - "I have a gift for you.  It is a gift that most will not understand the value of.  She has waited for over 4 years for you - because I made her for you.  I made her very uniquely - and she has been abused by those who were supposed to care for her - I am asking you to be My arms to hold her close.  For you to be My audible words saying, "You are fearfully and wonderfully made - you are worth every price of redemption."  I want you to be the ones to tenderly wipe every tear and soothe away years of hurt.  I want you to be a reflection of My love."
 
I am in awe that He would do this even as my faith began to falter.  I finally "hit the wall" with waiting this weekend - I began to doubt and fear.  Yet, even in all of my faithlessness, He is faithful.
 
God is doing amazing things....I cannot wait to share them.  I stand in awe of His grace and His power.
 
He is worthy to be praised!  I am forever grateful for His redemption and His grace!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. God be praised! I cannot wait until your little sweetheart gets to come home. I have been praying for her and your family since I found your blog, and this is just the most wonderful news.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! I think I am in a bit of shock right now. We are still waiting for the acutal travel dates - so I think once we can book flights, it will feel more real. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your prayers. Please pray that her little heart will be ready for us - after so many years in an orphanage. Please also pray for a smooth transition for her medications - some are not available in the US. To Him be all the glory!

    ReplyDelete