Monday, May 21, 2012

"Waiting by Faith"

I SO want to be WALKING by faith, instead of WAITING by faith.  We are still waiting for approval from the orphanage in Taiwan to begin the adoption process of our little girl.  I am struggling to hold on to the truth that God is in control of all the details....even the timing of the response from the orphanage.  Even though we were told it could take up to 3 months, I guess I was feeling much more optimistic.  Surely, they wouldn't want her to wait any longer for a loving family, right?

I am sure the delay has some to do with logistics - the directors having time to sort through all the paperwork along with all their other duties.  But I am even more sure that the delay has to do with teaching me to trust God for all things - even the redemption of a little life.  Do I trust that all things are in His Hands - yes, absolutely!  That isn't the problem - it is that I don't want to have to wait on His Hands!  I want every thing in my time - moving as fast a possible.  Now, in all fairness, we ARE dealing with saving a child - it is hard to not feel a sense of urgency....but this is probably more about something other than God becoming an idol in my heart.  Even GOOD, WONDERFUL things - things that bring Him glory and honor...those things, if we put them in front of HIS timing and plan can become idols even above Him.  Oh, the subtly of our sin!  That we could even take things meant to bring Him glory and turn it into sin!  Please continue to redeem me, precious Savior.  Woe is me, for I am still so easily lead astray!  I long for the day that my Savior comes to bring me home - only then will I be free from the sin that so easily entangles and that mocks the sacrifice He made for me.

So, I will pray for His strength to continue my day - with joy - even if He chooses not to give us the phone call we are so desperate for. 

For His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment